The United States–Israel Educational Foundation (USIEF), currently known as Fulbright Israel, was established in 1956 by the Governments of the United States and Israel to administer the Fulbright Program in Israel. The Foundation is funded by the United States and Israeli Governments and is governed by a binational Board of Directors.
The Foundation aims to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Israel by means of student and faculty exchanges at the highest possible level of academic excellence.
The programs are open to excellent, path breaking scholars and promising students in all academic fields. Our commitment to social responsibility is evidenced by our designated programs, which support research, study, exchange of knowledge of cultures and customs and leadership development among underserved populations.
The History of Fulbright Program in the U.S.A.
The Fulbright Program, initiated in 1946 by Senator J. William Fulbright, to strengthen the basis for peace by promoting mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the peoples of partner countries around the world, is the US Government’s flagship academic exchange program. Many distinguished alumni of the Program have made their mark on the academic world and in all walks of life. Israel is particularly proud of its two Nobel prize laureates.