Leave blank for all. Otherwise, the first selected term will be the default instead of "Any".

Fulbright Awards For Israelis

Must I return to Israel after completing my degree/program in the United States?

Yes. Both the Fulbright Program regulations and the U.S. immigration regulations require foreign exchange students/scholars to return to their home country upon completion of their programs or the expiration of their awards.

Is my spouse permitted to work or study during my grant period?

Yes.  A J-2 accompanying dependent of a J-1 exchange visitor may request permission to work after arrival in the United States from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). The accompanying spouse can study and hold eitherF-1 or J-1 visa.

Can I commence my Fulbright post-doctoral fellowship award prior to July1 of the year the award is made?

No. Candidates must have received the approval of the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) in the United States before commencing their program, which generally makes its decisions in late May.

Can you tell me why I was not selected?

No. Each year the number of well-qualified applicants exceeds the awards available. The guidelines regarding selection and non selected is set by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship board stipulate that it is not the policy to give specific reasons for non-selection of applicants for awards.

Can the award be postponed until the following year?

No. Fulbright awards cannot be deferred until the following academic year.

How soon after the interview will I hear the result?

Within one week.

I hold dual citizenship – both Israeli and American. Am I eligible to apply for a Fulbright award?

No. Only Israeli citizens are eligible to apply. Israeli citizens holding citizenship of another country other than the U.S. in addition to Israel are eligible to apply.

Are Fulbright grants available for attending conferences, seminars and paper presentations in the U.S. and other countries?

Fulbright grants are not awarded for these purposes.

Are Fulbright grants available for Master’s/ Bachelor’s studies in the U.S.?

Fulbright grants are not available for undergraduate studies in the U.S.  USIEF offers a Master’s degree program, which is open to candidates in all disciplines, except business administration and, architecture, art and fields in which clinical contact with patients is required.

How do I apply for an award?

You should read the Instructions and Information and submit your Application Form using the Applications Embark online system.  Applications which are not submitted online cannot be considered.