Leave blank for all. Otherwise, the first selected term will be the default instead of "Any".

Fulbright Awards For Israelis

Must I return to Israel after completing my degree/program in the United States?

Yes. Both the Fulbright Program regulations and the U.S. immigration regulations require foreign exchange students/scholars to return to their home country upon completion of their programs or the expiration of their awards.

Is my spouse permitted to work or study during my grant period?

Yes.  A J-2 accompanying dependent of a J-1 exchange visitor may request permission to work after arrival in the United States from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). The accompanying spouse can study and hold eitherF-1 or J-1 visa.

I am already enrolled in a program in the U.S. May I apply for a Fulbright award to complete my program?

No. Fulbright awards are granted to applicants who have not commenced their programs in the U.S.

I hold dual citizenship – both Israeli and American. Am I eligible to apply for a Fulbright award?

No. Only Israeli citizens are eligible to apply. Israeli citizens holding citizenship of another country other than the U.S. in addition to Israel are eligible to apply.

I am a qualified medical doctor. May I apply for the post-doctoral program?

Yes, if you intend to carry out research in the United States, which will not involve you in clinical contact with patients.  Post-doctoral Fellowships are not available to support clinical internships.

Can I avail myself of a Fulbright award for a project that I want to work on in Israel?

No. Fulbright awards are for study/research in the United States only.

Are Fulbright grants available for attending conferences, seminars and paper presentations in the U.S. and other countries?

Fulbright grants are not awarded for these purposes.

Are Fulbright grants available for Master’s/ Bachelor’s studies in the U.S.?

Fulbright grants are not available for undergraduate studies in the U.S.  USIEF offers a Master’s degree program, which is open to candidates in all disciplines, except business administration and, architecture, art and fields in which clinical contact with patients is required.

How do I apply for an award?

You should read the Instructions and Information and submit your Application Form using the Applications Embark online system.  Applications which are not submitted online cannot be considered.

Do I have to be in a certain field of study to qualify for a Fulbright Fellowship?

Unless otherwise noted, Fulbright awards are offered to candidates in all academic disciplines, except where specified and for those intending to take part in programs which involve clinical activities on the part of the the Fellow him/herself.